The person in this position will shape and execute effective advertising campaigns, while negotiating and buying advertising inventory. He or she will identify target audiences and ensure that ads reach those audiences through high-quality channels at the lowest price possible. In addition, this person will evaluate campaign success through recaps and reporting.
To succeed in this role, you should be an effective negotiator, critical thinker, skilled communicator and decision-maker who can collaborate well with various teams. Knowledge of market research and a willingness to follow media trends are essential. Experience with budget planning and KPIs as well as the ability to manage and combine data are required.
- Develops and/or reviews media plans for clients, based on advertising objectives in detail by the marketing plan.
- Seeks opportunities to improve his/her understanding of campaign objectives through contact with account and creative management.
- Partners with account executives to ensure finances are stable and account is poised to succeed.
- Sees that all necessary sources of media and market information are considered and analyzed.
- Initiates and makes use of special research when needed for the improvement of media recommendations.
- Maintains sources of market and marketing information, including the market research reports of various media.
- Sees that all requests pertaining to media selection or media service are acted upon as promptly as possible.
- Participates directly in the presentation of media plans and in the discussion of media problems with clients, as needed.
- Sees that constructive contacts with media are consistently cultivated.
- Represent and speak for Bozell at industry events and conferences.
- Bachelors in marking, business administration or similar field.
- 5+ years’ experience as a media buyer, media planner or similar role.
- Knowledge of different types of media channels.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective advertising campaigns.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools and media buying.
Bozell is a full-service, results-oriented advertising agency helping our clients achieve business objectives by reaching the right people at the right place and time. We maintain a high-energy environment for people who are very passionate about what they do. We provide plenty of challenge and hard work, but in a casual and fun workplace that cares about work/life balance and giving back to make a difference in our world. We want people to have positive attitudes about their work and participate in something where their input is respected and appreciated. If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume to Janice Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief message about yourself, your experience, your career objectives and what you hope to get out of a career with Bozell.