As a project manager, you will work with external client teams to ensure internal agency teams have clear direction on project goals, deliverables and timelines to effectively and efficiently complete projects. The project manager will set project deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize the progress of projects. In addition, individuals in this position will build project plans (timelines and budgets) that will effectively help the team members stay on time and budget while executing properly to meet the goals and objectives that are set. Problem-solving, effective communication and critical thinking are attributes individuals must have to succeed in this position.
The project manager is a part of the account service team. The account service team consists of an account executive, project manager and traffic manager. The project manager will primarily be responsible for communicating direction to internal and client teams while the account executive is responsible for planning and strategy with the client.
- Assist the account executive with creating detailed project estimates and scopes that address financial, timing and development/delivery requirements.
- Manage and monitor approved scopes of work, addressing potential risks or changes along the way.
- Manage internal milestones and to-dos on Basecamp to ensure that the project stays on track, along with regular client communication to complete projects.
- Provide meeting recaps and ensure both agency teams and client is clear on discussed topics, progress, and next steps.
- Proof all creative and correspondence for grammar, client revision requests and proper execution.
- Serve as a client-facing contact with the account executives to ensure approved scopes of work are funneled through the client milestones to meet deadlines on time and on budget.
- Time management – keep all projects moving efficiently.
- Work collaboratively with team members during projects, monitoring status and serving as a liaison for any client questions or needs.
- Provide regular progress updates on timing, scope and budget to client and agency teams as needed.
- Quality control through execution of projects.
- Work closely with the account executive to provide strategic thinking and client recommendations of campaign optimizations, extensions and/or additional work.
- Provide assistance on new business opportunities and research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, project management, business or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of project management software (i.e. Basecamp/Workamagig).
- 3-5 years of project management experience, including managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously. Advertising agency experience is preferred.
- Digital experience/knowledge a plus.
- Pride of ownership, hold yourself and team accountable.
- Problem solver, creative with addressing complex processes or intricate details.
- Passionate for what you do, whether detailed executions or big idea strategy.
- Skilled in their craft with continued growth and training ambitions.
Bozell is a full-service, results-oriented advertising agency helping our clients achieve business objectives by reaching the right people at the right place and time. We maintain a high-energy environment for people who are very passionate about what they do. We provide plenty of challenge and hard work, but in a casual and fun workplace that cares about work/life balance and giving back to make a difference in our world. We want people to have positive attitudes about their work and participate in something where their input is respected and appreciated. If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume and cover letter to Janice Miller at email@example.com, along with a brief message about yourself, your experience, your career objectives and what you hope to get out of a career with Bozell.