The media director is the head of the paid media team. This person will shape and execute effective paid advertising strategies and campaigns for Bozell’s roster of clients. He or she will identify target audiences and ensure that ads reach those audiences through high-quality channels at the lowest price possible. In addition, this person will evaluate campaign success through recaps and reporting.
To succeed in this role, you should be an effective negotiator, critical thinker, skilled communicator and decision-maker who can collaborate well with various teams. Knowledge of market research and a willingness to follow media trends are essential. Experience with budget planning, KPIs and optimizations as well as the ability to manage a team are required.
- Develops paid media strategy, plans and activations. This includes end-to-end ownership of paid media strategy for both digital and traditional channels, including but not limited to TV, digital video, programmatic display, performance marketing, SEO, SEM, paid social, print, OOH and radio.
- Oversees all paid media activations and vendor relationships. This includes setting objectives, beating KPIs, trafficking, optimization and reporting.
- Partners with clients and internal teams to create full paid/earned/shared/owned marketing plans that drive business results.
- Test and analyze campaign data to drive improvement and present new concepts to Bozell clients
- Work with account team to manage relationships with Bozell’s paid media clients
- Administer paid media operations, including spec delivery, tagging, buying, trafficking and more, as needed
- Lead client recommendations, including pre-, during- and post-campaign meetings to set strategy, review results and recommend optimizations
- Serve as the paid media and analytics expert while instituting new and emerging media training for employees and clients
- Assists in new business efforts by creating, explaining and brainstorming media strategy
- Sees that all necessary sources of media and market information are considered and analyzed
- Initiates and makes use of special research when needed for the improvement of media recommendations
- Maintains sources of market and marketing information, including the market research reports of various media
- Sees that all requests pertaining to paid media services are acted upon as promptly as possible
- Participates directly in the presentation of media plans and in the discussion of media problems with clients, as needed
- Sees that constructive contacts with media are consistently cultivated
- Represent and speak for Bozell at industry events and conferences
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business administration or similar field
- 10+ years’ experience as a media buyer, media planner or similar role
- Demonstrable experience with building effective advertising campaigns
- Agency experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of analytics tools and media buying platforms
- Related certifications are not required but would be a bonus
- Experience with Strata is a plus
Bozell is a full-service, results-oriented advertising agency helping our clients achieve business objectives by reaching the right people at the right place and time. We maintain a high-energy environment for people who are very passionate about what they do. We provide plenty of challenge and hard work, but in a casual and fun workplace that cares about work/life balance and giving back to make a difference in our world. We want people to have positive attitudes about their work and participate in something where their input is respected and appreciated. If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume to Janice Miller at email@example.com, along with a brief message about yourself, your experience, your career objectives and what you hope to get out of a career with Bozell.