The media buyer assists in negotiating and buying advertising inventory for clients. This person ensures that ads reach target audiences through high-quality channels at the lowest price possible. To succeed in this role, they should be an effective negotiator, critical thinker, and able to establish trust and rapport with clients and media professionals. Knowledge about current media channels and advertising options are essential. The media buyer’s goal will be to optimize ad exposure and outdo the competition while staying within budgets.
- Helps identify target audiences and plan media campaigns.
- Compares and negotiates rates, ad space and airtime.
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix.
- Prepare schedules and adjust when needed.
- Experiment with new platforms and channels.
- Ensure ads are creative and displayed appropriately.
- Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI).
- Sees that all requests pertaining to media selection or media service are acted upon as promptly as possible.
- Sees that constructive contacts with media are consistently cultivated.
- Speak for Bozell at industry events and conferences.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, advertising, business administration or similar field.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Media Buyer or similar role.
- Experience in digital media is preferred.
- Knowledge of different types of media channels.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools and media buying.
- Ability to manage and combine data.
Bozell is a full-service, results-oriented advertising agency helping our clients achieve business objectives by reaching the right people at the right place and time. We maintain a high-energy environment for people who are very passionate about what they do. We provide plenty of challenge and hard work, but in a casual and fun workplace that cares about work/life balance and giving back to make a difference in our world. We want people to have positive attitudes about their work and participate in something where their input is respected and appreciated. If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume to Janice Miller at email@example.com, along with a brief message about yourself, your experience, your career objectives and what you hope to get out of a career with Bozell.