The copywriter is responsible for helping craft the conceptual and strategic creative vision for integrated campaigns, brands and individual projects alongside the creative director and an interdisciplinary team of art directors, designers, account service and connection strategists. Talented as a writer and knowledgeable of copywriting best practices across traditional and digital media, the copywriter uses his or her talents to bring fresh and timely creative ideas to life that lead to real business results for our clients.
- Works with art director(s) to develop outstanding integrated ad campaigns and concepts for interactive/web, print, broadcast, direct mail, out-of-home and other forms of promotion for Bozell and our clients.
- Writes copy that helps build brand and/or product awareness, with a focus on achieving defined business goals.
- Has the ability to write equally effective headlines and body copy.
- Has an understanding of Bozell’s clients’ unique voices and writing styles, with the ability to write in a multitude of writing styles.
- Writes and oversees copy from inception through completion, ensuring a high level of quality throughout the process.
- Works with the creative director to develop and maintain brand voice guidelines for Bozell and our clients, ensuring consistent brand identity across all media.
- Helps ensure that copy is checked and proofread, from the initial draft to the final stages of each project.
- Works to ensure copy/concepts adhere to and pay off the strategic creative plan.
- Assists in writing proposals, marketing plans, content, etc., as requested.
- Maintains current software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Regional to national integrated brand experience.
- Three to five years of copywriting experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Online portfolio showcasing integrated strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Ability to help lead creative meetings and presentations.
- Ability to articulate the creative vision to the internal team and external audiences.
- BA/BS in communications, marketing or advertising, or equivalent.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Skilled in your craft, with continued growth and training ambitions.
Bozell is a full-service, results-oriented advertising agency helping our clients achieve business objectives by reaching the right people at the right place and time. We maintain a high-energy environment for people who are very passionate about what they do. We provide plenty of challenge and hard work, but in a casual and fun workplace that cares about work/life balance and giving back to make a difference in our world. We want people to have positive attitudes about their work and participate in something where their input is respected and appreciated. If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume and a link to your online portfolio to Janice Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief message about yourself, your experience, your career objectives and what you hope to get out of a career with Bozell.