It’s National Junk Food Day! I mean, who are we kidding? Pretty much every day is Junk Food Day around here. We aren’t ashamed of it. We have a snack station full of chocolate, chips, Goldfish, Rice Krispies treats and pop. Of course it has apples, bananas, almonds and string cheese too, and even a service of seafood delivery online but we all know what the good stuff really is. Besides, it’s all in the name of morale! It is a relatively small perk that really does add to the overall happiness of the workforce. It isn’t healthcare or vacation days, but it adds to the culture and personality that Bozell has in the office. And that atmosphere is the reason why so many of us love working here!
So, to help celebrate this holiday, we wanted to share some of our favorite guilty pleasures.
Here’s a list – and insightful commentary – compiled by some of our sweet & salty-loving employees:
- Frito’s – they’re salty and corny (just like John!)
- Chicken in a Biscuit. They are neither chicken nor biscuits, but they are delicious.
- Cheetos Popcorn [also called Chester’s Puffcorn] because a bag usually costs $2 and you get all the great cheesy flavor of Cheetos with the texture of popcorn. It is sooo good, and you can usually find a bag or two in my pantry!
- Popeyes Chicken. The reason why we love junk food is for the comfort it brings and what’s more comforting than a big, crispy, juicy chunk of chicken? Add in the medical coma you find yourself in due to the salt content and it’s basically the closest thing you can get to legal heroin.
- Chips and cheese dip. It warms my soul and goes great with Margs! (No truer words have been spoken.)
- Gotta be ice cream sandwiches … why? Well … summer and the awesome combo of cookies and ice cream in one handy pack … yum … totally guilty pleasure.
- Flaming Hot Cheetos: Because who doesn’t love all of the cheesy, spicy powder to lick off of your finger tips? (is this even a question?)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, because they are basically the best candy ever.
- Store brand chocolate cupcakes from 7/11. They are objectively better than anything from Hostess or Little Debbie. For those afternoons when you really don’t want to do ANYTHING but sit in front of the TV and watch football.
- Tortilla chips & salsa. Not sure if this is considered junk food, I just know that once I start eating it I can’t stop until I realize I am almost out of chips. (#TRUTH)
- Chips and dip (salsa or queso or french onion dip) how can you go wrong with a salty and sometimes sweet combo – but the chip is really just a vessel for the dip.
My favorite junk food is Lay’s Salt & Vinegar potato chips. You get a bite from the vinegar, and my wife hates them so I get them all!